Amazing Volunteer Opportunity: CareHarbor
October 13-15, 2018
Free Medical, Dental, Vision and Preventive Care
The REEF Exposition Hall
1933 South Broadway
Los Angeles, California 90007
- You may register for a half day, full day, or multiple days.
- Full day shift: 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Morning shift: 7:00am – 12:30pm
- Afternoon shift: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- If interested in carpooling, please leave a comment.
- If attending, please identify which day and shift you will be attending as a comment
- From previous survey, the majority of people from our group, indicated Sunday, October 14th from 7AM-12:30PM was a good opportunity for a group event. HOWEVER, we encourage you to choose any shift that will work for your schedule. CareHarbor has a tremendous impact on those that it serves and those that volunteer.
- Details for your professional category will be provided when you register.
- If you are a licensed professional, you will need your license number to register.
- There will be an onsite orientation at the start of each shift.
Free parking will be available for all volunteers.
Continental breakfast and hot buffet lunch will be provided.
Beverages and snacks will be available throughout the day.
At the Care Harbor/LA free clinic, leading hospitals, medical and dental schools, county agencies, healthcare organizations and thousands of volunteer professionals are all coming together to bring desperately needed care to the most vulnerable in our community. Along with the care they receive, patients will be provided with the prevention education and resources that can enable them to lead healthier, more productive lives. Those with conditions needing follow-up care will receive appointments to local clinics before leaving the venue.
Care Harbor is transforming free clinic events from episodic to sustainable care. Our goal is to have a lasting impact on the lives of the people and community we serve.